Derrick and You Banner

Derrick and You Banner

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

5 Facts About Cockroaches

Ew, soooo I was #1ing in the bathroom at work, which is this time 2x2 little bathroom/closet. So whatever. I am urinating when suddenly I see this guy:Needless to say, I got my gay on, and freaked out and screamed like a little girl. I'm usually totally cool with bugs, so I am curious as to why this particular cockroach scared me so bad.

I ended up doing a bit of research, and here's 5 interesting facts I've learned about cockroaches that you may not have known:

1) German cockroaches carry their eggs with them on their backs. This is why you shouldn't stomp on a cockroach since the eggs might get on your foot and you could track them with you to various places you frequent. Ew.

2) Cockroaches bleed WHITE blood. Ew.

3) A cockroach has 6 legs but AT LEAST 18 knees. Ew.

4) A cockroach can survive a week without its head. The only reason it even dies then is because it can't consume any water without a head so it dies of thirst. Ew.

5) Cockroaches routinely shed their skin. Such cockroaches appear albino, as they are white with black eyes. They will regrow their shell after about 8 hours. Ew.

Cockroaches.

Ew.

No comments: